Want to spend more time writing this year?
Maybe you’ve got lots of ideas but can’t get started. Or maybe you start off like a champ but lose motivation halfway through. Maybe your life is just so full of distractions it’s hard to carve out time to write – even though it’s something you really want to do!
But here’s the thing all successful and productive writers have in common – they “turn up” and write regularly.
My Auckland-based Writing Room is a friendly space for writers to work and hang out with other writers – think of it as a focused writing appointment with a bunch of other writers doing the same thing.
The Writing Room is not about passive learning or watching videos about writing. It’s about getting your work done. Our writing time is precious so let’s use it well.
Like the idea of moving your project moving forward and smashing procrastination? There are two ways you can access The Writing Room – you can sign up to become a member of the Writing Room – read more about how and find out what your membership gives you.
Want to join the Writing Room now? Sign up HERE
After something more intensive? You may prefer The Writing Room VIP Group – read more about that here. Or scroll down to keep reading.
What happens at a Writing Room Session?
We warm up with a facilitated creative exercise, we write and then we write some more – and then we socialise. Do we share our work? No, we’re too busy focusing on getting words on the page.
The Writing Room VIP Group
My Auckland-based Writing Room VIP Group is a subscription-based writing group for folks who want to get serious about achieving their writing goals. The Writing Room VIP Group meets twice a month for a write-in session and again at the end of each month for our Share & Feedback Session. (Not super keen on sharing? Don’t worry – it’s optional.)
PLUS your subscription includes a weekly creative writing prompt from me in your inbox, access to our private Facebook Page and discounted registration to any of my workshops.
Being a member of the Writing Room VIP Group you’ll stay motivated, write more often, be inspired by others and keep your project moving forward.
Find out if the Writing Room VIP Group is right for you – Tell me something about you…
*Want to check out a Writing Room session before you do anything? Contact me for a FREE drop-in session in 2019 – no obligation at all.
*I already like the sound of joining the Writing Room VIP Group – please click here…
What people are saying…
“Seriously helpful in enabling you to get sh*t done which is a major hurdle for plenty of writers.” Jack Cottrell
“Accountability works. This group continues to provide me with opportunities to progress my novel.” Fiona Hall
“Last year I was the person who was procrastinating over my novel and its messy ending. Thanks to the weekly accountability this group provides I’ve finished it and posted it to a publisher.” Sally Christie
“I loved the warm-up exercise (really got the creative juices flowing) and felt like I made good strides in my project. I went in wanting to make the most of the quiet writing time and was writing from beginning to end.”
“Thank you for another wonderful writing event. I noticed how much sharper I was with my deadline writing yesterday morning too, and I’m sure it was the mental discipline spilling over from the night before.”
“Kathryn is an inspiration. She knows how to get people writing and is the world’s best writing nag.” Bex Ansell
The Writing Room VIP Group is so right for you if…
- You’re already writing but want the motivation and focus to write more often.
- You love the idea of regular writing appointments and deadlines to move your project forward.
- You’re sick of going it alone and need an ally who keeps you accountable.
- You want to belong to an inspiring community of writers like you.
- You want to maintain writing momentum AFTER writing workshops or classes.
- You want to develop a productive writing habit – AND smash writer’s block.
- You want regular writing prompts to keep you creatively nimble.
Sorry, this group isn’t quite right for you if…
- You’re looking for “how to” Writing Classes.
- You want to write but you’re not sure exactly what you want to write yet.
- You don’t have a minimum of 4-6 hours free per month to commit to the writing sessions.
- If you live outside of the broader Auckland area. (But you can drop into a casual session if you’re in town.)
What does my Writing Room VIP subscription include?
- 2 x Live Write-In Sessions at Studio One, Ponsonby Rd (1st and 3rd Tues of every month.)
- Access to our private Facebook page. (A place to check-in, share and stay focused.)
- Monthly Share & Feedback meeting (last Sunday of every month.)
- A new creative writing challenge delivered to your inbox every week.
- $150 discount off a 90 min Story Consultation Session with me.
How does The Writing Room VIP subscription work?
Once you’ve subscribed you’ll receive a timetable for the write-in sessions and an invitation to join our private Facebook page. You also receive a weekly email from me with a fun, motivating writing challenge and reminders about the next upcoming Write-In.
You join us at the facilitated Write-Ins and you write! You regularly check in with everybody via our Facebook group – and that’s it. But the most important part is that you’ve now got a focused writing schedule and you’re part of a group that is serious about achieving their writing goals. And you can unsubscribe at any time.
Is a Writing Room Membership for any type of writer?
Yes! It doesn’t matter what type of project you are working on or whether you’re a pro or a newer writer. There’s no obligation to share anything with anybody. What you use The Writing Room for is entirely up to you.
Where does it happen?
What do I need to join The Writing Room or the Writing Room VIP Group?
A project or a writing goal, something to write on (laptop/pad & pen) good internet connection and a Facebook account.