Wish you could spend more time writing?
Maybe you’ve got lots of ideas but can’t get started. Or maybe you head off towards your writing goal like a champion but lose motivation halfway through.
So here’s the thing all successful and productive writers have in common – they turn up regularly and they write.
My Auckland-based Writing Room is a friendly space for writers to get some work done and hang out with other writers – think of it as your regular writing appointment.
Working with other writers is a fantastic way to increase productivity, keep your project moving forward – and smash procrastination. Grab your place at my Writing Room Session on 7th August
What happens at a Writing Room Session?
We warm up with a facilitated creative exercise, we write and then we write some more – and then we socialise. Do we share our work? No, we’re too busy getting work done!
The Writing Room Group
My Auckland-based Writing Room Group is a subscription-based writing group for folks who want to get serious about achieving their writing goals. The Writing Room Group is all about turning up.It’s not about passive learning or reading. Our writing time is precious so let’s use it well to get where we want to go.
We meet twice a month for a write-in session and then again at the end of each month to share and give/get feedback. (Not super keen on sharing? Don’t worry – it’s optional.)
PLUS your subscription includes a weekly creative writing prompt from me in your inbox, access to our private Facebook Page and discounted registration to any of my workshops.
Being a member of the Writing Room Group you’ll stay motivated, write more often, be inspired by others and keep your project moving forward. It’s that simple – and it doesn’t hurt to have some supportive company along the way.
Find out if the Writing Room group is right for you – Tell me something about you…
*I already like the sound of joining the Writing Room Group – please click button below…
What people are saying…
“Seriously helpful in enabling you to get sh*t done which is a major hurdle for plenty of writers.” Jack Cottrell
“Accountability works. This group continues to provide me with opportunities to progress my novel.” Fiona Hall
“Last year I was the person who was procrastinating over my novel and its messy ending. Thanks to the weekly accountability this group provides I’ve finished it and posted it to a publisher.” Sally Christie
The Writing Room Group is so right for you if…
- You’re already writing but want the motivation and focus to write more often.
- You love the idea of regular writing appointments and deadlines to move your project forward.
- You’re sick of going it alone and need an ally who keeps you accountable.
- You want to belong to an inspiring community of writers like you.
- You want to maintain writing momentum AFTER writing workshops or classes.
- You want to develop a productive writing habit – AND smash writer’s block.
- You want regular writing prompts to keep you creatively nimble.
Sorry, this group isn’t quite right for you if…
- You’re looking for “how to” Writing Classes.
- You want to write but you’re not sure exactly what you want to write yet.
- You don’t have a minimum of 4-6 hours free per month to commit to the writing sessions.
- If you live outside of the broader Auckland area. (But you can drop into a casual session if you’re in town.) Want to talk about whether this group is right for you? Drop me a line.
What does my Writing Room membership include?
- 2 x Live Write-In Sessions at Studio One, Ponsonby Rd (1st and 3rd Tues of every month.)
- Access to our private Facebook page. (A place to check-in, share, stay focused and be inspired.)
- Monthly Share & Feedback meeting (last Sunday of every month.)
- A new creative writing challenge delivered to your inbox every week.
- $150 discount off a 90 min Story Consultation Session with me.
How does The Writing Room subscription work?
Once you’ve subscribed you’ll receive a timetable for the write-in sessions and an invitation to join our private Facebook page. You also receive a weekly email from me with a fun, motivating writing challenge and reminders about the next upcoming Write-In.
You join us at the facilitated Write-Ins and you write! You regularly check in with everybody via our Facebook group – and that’s it. But the most important part is that you’ve now got a focused writing schedule and you’re part of a group that is serious about achieving their writing goals. And you can unsubscribe at any time.
Is The Writing Room for any type of writer?
Yes! It doesn’t matter what type of project you are working on or whether you’re a pro or a newer writer. There’s no obligation to share anything with anybody. What you use The Writing Room for is entirely up to you.
Where does it happen?
In Auckland. If you’re in town occasionally you can grab a casual drop in ticket whenever you’re around.
What do I need to join The Writing Room?
A project or a writing goal, something to write on (laptop/pad & pen) good internet connection and a Facebook account.